Wilderness in the City, together with Conservation Minnesota and Dakota County Parks, supports monthly volunteer events. Since 2015, more than 5000 volunteer hours have been spent by Natural Resource Volunteers in Lebanon Hills. Thank you volunteers!
We are proud to continue this partnership and invite you to join other volunteers and staff for upcoming events:
2018 Schedule of Monthly Environmental Stewardship Events
- Sat., April 14, 9am-noon (for returning volunteers only!) – Garlic Mustard Refresher
- Tues., May 1, 6-8pm * Thurs., May 3, 6-8pm * Sat., May 12, 9-11am — Garlic Mustard Training
- Attend one of these three Garlic Mustard Training events and you will be eligible to participate in the 3rd annual Garlic Mustard Challenge!
- Thurs., June 7, 6-8pm — Native Plug Planting
- Thurs., July 12, 6-8pm — Japanese Hedge Parsley Training/Pulling
- August Stewardship Event — TBD
- Thurs., Sept. 13, 6-7:30pm — Native Seed Collection followed by a Prairie Picnic
Additional Opportunities for “Forever Wild” Natural Resources Volunteers
Tues., Sept. 18, 6-7:30pm: Invasive Species Early Detection Volunteer Training at Dakota Lodge, 1200 Stassen Lane, West St. Paul
Be part of a dedicated team of people to help scout and report new infestations of invasive plants. If you enjoy being outdoors and want to contribute to conservation, consider becoming an Early Detection Volunteer! Pre-registration is recommended.
Sat., Sept. 29, 9am-noon: National Public Lands Day at Lebanon Hills
Join park staff and volunteers to improve the health and quality of Lebanon Hills! This project will restore a large segment of mowed turf grass behind the Lebanon Hills Visitor Center to create a series of demonstration rain garden and pollinator gardens, bee lawn plantings, and wildlife observation features. This is a fun, hands-on, family friendly event with both kid-friendly activities as well as adult activities. Admission and parking is free, and a thank you lunch will be provided afterwards. Pre-registration is recommended.